PX505 Innovation Project
Simple Low Cost RFID Reader (2015/16)
- Carlos De Andrade Reverbel
- Raymundo De Amorim Junior
- Caroline Gaillard
The objective of this project was to reproduce the work initiated in . This reader design is based on a simple envelope detector and provide the simplest architecture to read a UHF tag.
More than five years after this initial work, a conference article has been published .
Backscattering Using Classical MCU (2020/21)
- Anton Dumas
- Alexandre De Carlo
- Arnaud Voisin
- Bastien Lemaire
Backscattering Communications Using Classical Micro-Controller is a project based on the compelling idea proposed by  where a transmission can be done without using any RF chip. By modifying the internal state of GPIOs connected to an antenna, it is possible to modulate the backscattered signal of a remote reader. This technique allows to reduce the number of component of the system and decrease the power consumption.
This modulated power can be linked to the delta RCS introduced in  which allows to extract read range of the system.
A conference article has also been published using the developed prototype .
- P. V. Nikitin, S. Ramamurthy, and R. Martinez, “Simple low cost UHF RFID reader,” in 2013 IEEE International Conference on RFID (RFID), Orlando, FL, USA, Apr. 2013, pp. 1–2.
- N. Barbot, R. De Amorim Junior and P. Nikitin, “Simple Low Cost Open Source UHF RFID Reader,” in 2022 IEEE RFID Conference (IEEE RFID 2022), Las Vegas, Nevada, May 2022, pp. 1–1. Best Poster Award
- A. Dadkhah, J. Rosenthal and M. S. Reynolds, "ZeroScatter: Zero-Added-Component Backscatter Communication Using Existing Digital I/O Pins," 2019 IEEE Topical Conference on Wireless Sensors and Sensor Networks (WiSNet), Orlando, FL, USA, 2019, pp. 1-3
- P. V. Nikitin, K. V. S. Rao, and R. D. Martinez, “Differential RCS of RFID tag,” Electronics Letters, vol. 43, no. 8, pp. 431–432, Apr. 2007.
- A. Voisin, A. Dumas, N. Barbot and S. Tedjini, “Differential RCS of Multi-State Transponder,” 2022 IEEE Wireless Power Week Conference (WPW 2022), Bordeaux, France, Jul. 2022, pp. 1–4.